NO5315 : Clubhouse, The Castle Golf Course

taken 3 years ago, near to Brownhills, Fife, Great Britain

Clubhouse, The Castle Golf Course
Clubhouse, The Castle Golf Course
The clubhouse is situated on the site of the former Kinkell Castle, owned in the 17th century by Alexander Hamilton, a staunch Covenanter, who held conventicles in the grounds. Rev John Blackadder preached here on one occasion, as did Rev John Welsh. The Castle was used as a hiding place for Covenanters hiding from the Royalist dragoons.
See LinkExternal link.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Becky Williamson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NO5315, 30 images   (more nearby search)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 12 May, 2019   (more nearby)
Submitted
Thursday, 16 May, 2019
Geographical Context
Historic sites and artefacts  Sport, Leisure 
Former (from Tags)
Castle 
Primary Subject of Photo
Golf Club 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NO 5366 1559 [10m precision]
WGS84: 56:19.8244N 2:45.0599W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NO 53789 15585
View Direction
WEST (about 270 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

Other Tags
Club House  Fife  Golf  Covenanters 

Click a tag, to view other nearby images.

Image Type (about): geograph 
This page has been viewed about 29 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
thumbs up icon
[Mark